Tuesday 16 September 2014

My Goals

Creativity

  • SGA - My position on the Student Government Association is the Communications Officer. This allows me to expand on my marketing skills, in regards to advertising and informing the school of SGA event. This will also help me work on my art skills when making eye-catching posters and on my computer skills when working on the SGA page on Facebook. My position will also help me on my leadership and teamwork skills as the members are the representatives of the students and we have to work together to be successful. My organizational skills will also be exercised as I am in charge of keeping the meeting minutes every Wednesday, and my job is to inform the members of their jobs when working on an event.
  • Drawing Club - The club has a good non-stressful environment where I can develop my art, design and drawing skills on my own time. This is a contrast to my work on the SGA where I have to make posters and such on a time limit and about a specific topic or event. This club gives me more freedom to work on aspects of art that I want to do and when I want to do it.

Action

  • Volleyball, basketball, football - These are the SAISA athletics sports that I definitely want to take a part of. I have already made the SAISA volleyball team and plan to do the same with basketball and football. My goal for joining these teams is to keep fit, build on my teamwork skills, and hopefully my leadership skill as well, if I become a captain or vice-captain.
  • Scuba Diving/Wall Climbing - Scuba diving is something new that I have never done before and would like to try out next quarter (as long as it does not clash with any of my other activities). The past few WWW and the IB Orientation Trip have showed me that I enjoy doing new and adventurous things, so hopefully I will be able to explore this new feeling and try this out. If I am not able to, wall climbing would be my second option in trying something new.

Service

  • Alzheimers Service Group - This is my first time participating in this service group and it is different from my previous service group in that now I work with the eldrely that suffer from the disease called Alzheimers where as in my previous group we worked with children our age and younger. My goal for participating in this group is to learn more about the disease and the people who suffer from it, as well as how to build up my communications skills to know when to avoid a topic while still being able to keep the conversation going smoothly.
  • Other (Pursuit of Happiness) - Next year in DP2 I would like to participate in another service group for variety. This will not allow me to become a service leader, but I think it will be more important to learn more things before really focusing on the thing you like the most. As ervice that I would consider joing next year is the Pursuit of Happiness Service Group. This group tries to provide a service to people who they photograph, by trying to take a picture of them that serves as a glimpse into their lives and who they are as a person in contrast to their environment. This allows them to bring awareness to certain issues through photography. The primary skill I would like to develope here is photography.

No comments:

Post a Comment